WCSD Social and Emotional Competency Short-Form Assessment
Directions: Please tell us how easy or difficult each of the following are for you.
Response Options: 1 = Very Difficult; 2 = Difficult; 3 = Easy; 4 = Very Easy
- Knowing what my strengths are.
Self-Awareness: Emotion Knowledge
- Knowing when my feelings are making it hard for me to focus.
- Knowing the emotions I feel.
- Knowing ways I calm myself down.
- Learning from people with different opinions than me.
- Knowing what people may be feeling by the look on their face.
- Knowing when someone needs help.
Self-Management: Emotion Regulation
- Getting through something even when I feel frustrated.
- Being patient even when I am really excited.
Self-Management: Goal Management
- Finishing tasks even if they are hard for me.
- Setting goals for myself.
Self-Management: School Work
- Doing my schoolwork even when I do not feel like it.
- Being prepared for tests.
- Respecting a classmate’s opinions during a disagreement.
- Getting along with my classmates.
- Thinking about what might happen before making a decision.
- Knowing what is right or wrong.
If you have additional questions about this assessment and related research, please contact Laura Davidson, Washoe County School District Director of Research and Evaluation at 775-348-3850 or [email protected].